Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

HELP: Hostname doesn't resolve to IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MakassarNET, Mar 20, 2005.

1. MakassarNET

MakassarNET Well-Known Member

Why everytime i enter WHM as a root, the "Add an A Entry for your Hostname" popup always open. And I also got everyday an email that the server hostname is resolve to none instead of the IP that I have set.

Can anyone help please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

so just go and add your servers main IP here "Add an A Entry for your Hostname"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MakassarNET

MakassarNET Well-Known Member

I have did that but it seems the Entry doens't record by the server and I also have try to restart BIND and do that again and I go to the DNS Zone to check, the Entry cannot be found. I also try to do this manual, but it says "Sorry, a DNS entry for already exists, please delete it first".

4. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member