The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I am new to Admin panel in WHM. Reseller account set up question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JD2004, May 22, 2004.

1. JD2004

JD2004 Member

I am new to the Main Admin panel for WHM and Cpanel. I am setting up reseller accounts and having trouble with the adding of a client. I set up the reseller package and set privs and his WHM account works good. He tried to add hosting for himself on his reseller account (same domain name) and he gets an error saying the domain is already set up.

I have a reseller account on a different box that i purchased from another company. They set up my WHM account as jj-hosting.com and then i was able to go into my WHM and set up a hosting account for jj-hosting.com where i host my website. This is exactly what i am trying to do with my new box but i keep getting the error listed above. How do i fix this ?

Any help and advise on other things that i might encounter with WHM/Cpanel would be great.

Thank you all for your time,

Jamey aka JD2004
    Owner/CEO
    J + J Hosting
    www.jj-hosting.com

2. Setheronie12

Setheronie12 Well-Known Member

1) Error

What version of cPanel are you running. If you are runnig the latest version of cpanel when you set up a reseller you need to check the reseller button and then check the Owns account button. If you arenot or you forgot to check them then that account can not own itself (may be another way I am not sure, possible change the owner of the account to the reseller acocunt) The reason that you are getting this error is because you have added the domain and the account so when the the reseller trys to add his account he cant because it already exists on the server

2) Error
    See about this is about the same consept except for this one you are the reseller You will need to have them transfer the owner ship of the account to you....

3. JD2004

JD2004 Member

We figured that out today. Thank you for your help. :) There is sooooooo much more in the admin panel then there is in a reseller panel. I have been in it all day playing with the different functions of it. It is great.

Thank you again for your help.

Jamey aka JD2004