The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. im new to this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billmach, Aug 24, 2006.

1. billmach

billmach Registered

I have a webpage (adult)
    the site is up and running with no bugs except one

How do i put in a username and password protect script for multiple username and passwords
    im trying to get it figured out for the billing company purposes so customers can log into the members page
    and im a lost newbie .
    I got every thing done to this point but have hit a wall
    any advice would be great thanks

2. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In your cPanel there should be the option "Password Protect Directories". Setup the usernames and passwords in there for the needed directories.

Ron

3. James78

James78 Registered

Unfortunately, as of the way mentioned above ^^, this is not a automated process and will have to be done manually everytime a user registers which can be a HUGE SETBACK if you have alot of people registering or don't have alot of free time available. You will need a way for users to tell you to create a new username and password (maybe by e-mail...). There are php scripts that can do this automatically (that's right! No manual work required!), however, I do not know of any available useable ones as of right now, and am not willing to make any as I don't have enough time. Good luck with your site.