The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help in backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by aapkae, May 22, 2006.

1. aapkae

aapkae Registered

well i m nebie here and want your guys help i want to create a full backup of my server on weekl basis but whenever i click on create after making necessery changes it says that /backup does not exist my question is it that howw can i make backup of my acccount could csomeone please give me full information also when i click on "Service Statsus" link it shows that

Disk vzfs (/) 82%

i want to know what exactly is this Disk vzfs and how can i min it's load as my server have 50% of disk space free

please guide me foe these 2 options thanks

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Do you have a 2nd HD to store your backup? Or are you storing your backup on the same HD? Did you create a partition for your backup? Why not getting help from your data center, since you are a newbie?

#2 AndyReed, May 22, 2006
    Last edited: May 25, 2006
  3. aapkae

aapkae Registered

what about other option i mean DISK VZFS 82%

4. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

I suppose you are running in VPS mode for your WHM as VZFS only appear in VPS module. You should ask your host to setup the /backup partition for you. In certain cases, most VPS provider will backup the VPS nodes on the hardware node.

5. aapkae

aapkae Registered

yes i m in VPs modulus

yes i m in vps modulus and i will surely ask them to setup a backup directory i also want to know that will my site close for that duration and one more thing i was doing some changes in packages on my vps and then sudenly all of my accounts quota reset to "0" only some accounts quota is ok those accounts whose quota have been set to 0 are custom based packages and were having no packages included i just setupped them my self without including in any package how can i set there quota back to used space from 0

Thanks