The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in reseller WHM/Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nitin, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Nitin

Nitin Registered

Apr 26, 2003
    I just bought reseller account on Linux with WHP/Cpanel. I am Win covert- so dont know much about Linux.
    In Win, I used to create accounts and those accounts had power to add new domains.

As I understand, I can only add domains(tld) from WHM?

Our scenarios is- I control 3-4 sites of my own(personal). My employee controls 10-15 sites we host. So, I want to make two accounts- one my name and one employee name. My employee should not be able to see what is hosted under me. How do I do that?

Also, WHM will not allow to have one username for multi sites. If my employee manages 15 sites, he will have 15 usernames? Ridiculous. In win, we used to enter

I dont want to give him WHM password.

(In windows - we had Hosting Controller- It allowed to do that)

(also posted in webhostingtalk)
  2. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    There is a perfect solution to your problem :D

Create two accounts from inside the WHM, one for you and one for your employee. For the domain, put one of your sites domains for your account and one of your employee's sites domains in his.

You now have two accounts with two sites.

Now login into your cPanel and go to "Addon Domains" and add the rest of your domains and do the the same for you employee.
    These sites are now accesible by going to in FTP /public_html/foldername, replaceing the folder name with the directory name you specified.

Hope this helps!