The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Keep DNS - Mistake when Terminating Account, Can't re-add domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by jmarting, Jul 15, 2012.

1. jmarting

jmarting Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Help! I made the mistake of selecting "Keep DNS" when deleting an account and now I cannot re add the domain. I'm sure you all know the error is that the dns already exists. I tried going into all of the dns functions but the domain isn't there so I cannot delete it or edit it. I tried to add the domain using the add dns function thinking it might fix it but then of course it says it already exists.

So I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not an experienced admin or reseller so don't know much about ssh or anything but I do think I might have shell access, just don't really don't know my way around it. This reseller acct is on Hostgator if that gives you any clues on how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jmartin

2. lldeepakll

lldeepakll Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

If you have access to delete a dns zone in your reseller whm, then go to Main >> DNS Functions >> Delete a DNS Zone and select the domain name you want to delete dns zone. Further if "Delete a DNS Zone" function is not available in you whm the please ask your hosting provider to delete that particular domain at their end.