The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me optimze this my.cnf please?

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by oompaloompa, Apr 22, 2013.

1. oompaloompa

oompaloompa Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, could someone help me optimize a my.cnf file please? I am using mysqltuner.pl and I have managed to get most of the settings ideal after reading several threads on here, but no matter what I change, the Temporary tables created on disk percentage keeps getting to high. As soon as I run mysqltuner it gives a warning that temp tables are being written to the disc, and it just continues to get larger. I run If I increase tmp_table_size to what mysqltuner suggests, the next time I run mysqltuner it just says tmp_table_size is already too high and to try something else.

#1 oompaloompa, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. kdean

kdean Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try setting max_heap_table_size to the same value as your tmp_table_size. If max_heap_table_size is lower, then it's limiting the size of your tmp_table_size as well.

3. oompaloompa

oompaloompa Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, I always make tmp_table_size and max_heap_table_size the same size, they can both be 64M, 128M, 256M, 512M, but tmp table are wrote to disc immediately when mysqltuner is ran.