The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geckox99, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Geckox99

Geckox99 Registered

Hi i really need help i just bought a new domain name and then added it to my cpanel account at first it worked and when i went on my domain: www.streetbounce.com it would load up my directory for the site. But now for some reason it comes up with Great Success !Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server page (take a look for yourself). So i went on cpanel again to try and sort it out but i can find the directory where to upload the files, i went into my ftp and went under the directory public_html/streetbounce.com but the directory was empty and when i add a file like index.php or anything else it cant seem to find it. Yet somehow the site seems to be able to display the cpanel apache page. I have no problem logging into my ftp or cpanel account using the domain streetbounce.com if this helps so does anyone know what is going on because i have never had this problem before. :)

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What happens if you remove the addon domain and then re-add it?

3. Geckox99

Geckox99 Registered

Thats the thing it dosent show up under addons and where i try to re add it it comes up with an error saying its already being used.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

If you have a root access of server then please check if there is not an entry of virtualhost exists for your add-on domain in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf file.

5. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When we see the cPanel success page it usually means the IP was recently changed and the cached DNS is pointing to the wrong site (which does not seem to be your issue) or like thewebhosing said something wrong in the httpd.conf.

You might login to ssh and try /scripts/killacct username to see if it will remove it from the system then try to re-add it to see if that fixes an error if it is not properly listed in the httpd.conf. We have found that script will remove accounts that were not totally removed when using cPanel.

6. Geckox99

Geckox99 Registered

would it be possile

Following through with my problems would it be possible if a cpanel admin could personaly remove the domain name from my account so then i can try and re add it to try and sort out my problem?

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

Your host should be able to assist you with this.