The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with Some Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cybereatl, Jan 18, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi there, I just finish up to deploy a fedora core server 4 and installed today's cpanel webhost management.

So far am doing ok, with site handling but I got a concern about one domain that am using on the server, let me explain:

I got a domain educandote.info set to a static ip address 200.89.230.206 and that page saids "There is no website configured at this address." where do I upload files to be shown when I typed www.educandote.info or I just need to set a forward to educandote.net, educandote.com or educandote.edu.co ???

When I typed www.educandote.info saids page cannot be displayed even wjen I've set the nameservers to domain just pointed to my server dns's.

Also when I got another domain like educandote.net that now is set to a forward educandote.com when I have to change nameserver when I was configuring this server ask me to set own name servers and I named ns1.educandote.info and so on. My questions is for any other domain should I use my nameservers instead of requesting add records to my ISP?

Thank you in advance.

2. avijit

avijit Well-Known Member

You need to check the virtual host entry in the httpd.conf and if the domain is the only one that is going to use that statc ip ; only one virtualhost entry should be there on that very ip.

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Xserver issue

Thanks for reply, now I got a concern!!!

Before install cpanel webhost I used the graphic interface, due to that am not expertice on linux, so I help myself with graphic enviroment, now when am trying to access terminal mode xserver pop ups error and is not allowing me to get in terminal mode!!!

Should I boot up server in interactive mode and disable startx?? if so, what commands should I use, due to my graphic management, and also if I remove the domain name from server and add it as a new account that will be ok, how do I pass large amount of data with having to use web interface, for example local courses installed with a LMS??

What should I do???

Thank you

4. avijit

avijit Well-Known Member

edit the /etc/inittab and change the line

id:5:initdefault:

to

id:3:initdefault:

Then reboot the system. This will ensure that each time the system is rebooted ..it will boot into the text mode that you need.

Regards,

5. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Question?

With Cpanel webhost installed can I still use graphic interfase and if not how do I connect my server to upload my courses, because they are so big to upload, I need to transfer them by intranet not over internet, every course is around 300MB.

I've tried to upgrade linux ver, to see if I can get xserver running but just upgrade firefox.

As well for those editing programs I only know gedit filename.txt and is not running on terminal mode.

Thanks