The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. My mail services are not working.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cheaphostz.net, Jul 3, 2005.

1. cheaphostz.net

cheaphostz.net Registered

I need some help. I am a newbie to dedicated servers. I am currently renting one but I didn't know it was unmanaged. It has the latest CPanel/WHM/Fantastico and The server provider has just installed zend optimizer :)

The problem is, it doesn't matter whether I use outlook express or webmail to send and receive e-mail it just doesn't work. It lights up green in the service status area.

I have tried restarting all services, graceful boot and forceful boot but to no avail.

It ties in with the time my hard drives root (/) was flashing amber so I informed the provider of the server and they deleted a lot of files from it.

Any Ideas? :confused:

Regards

Dave

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You'll have to look into the log files for errors. Mail probelm is a little difficult to troubleshoot without leads from the log files. PM me if you need help.

3. Timcdo

Timcdo Member

Have you tried?

Have you tried updateing Exim?
    simply SSH in to your server as root, and run this command

scripts/upexim

Im pretty sure thats what it is if its a linux box. I used it on my Centos 3.5, and restarted exim, then apache, and alls working fine for me. Good luck!

Tim

4. cheaphostz.net

cheaphostz.net Registered

All Sorted

Hi all, thanks for your advice. I did try to update exim but that did not cure it. It seems that the server provider moved some files from root (/) to another partition but they did not create any symlimks.

Regards

Dave :)