The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with perl script

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by simplybe, Jan 15, 2009.

1. simplybe

simplybe Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a script that uses bash & perl but can't get the bugs ironed out. I would like to release this script to the cpanel community once finished so would appreciate anyone who can help.

The script helps detect the ftp hacks /iframe that are going around at the moment.

It checks /var/log/messages against a keywords conatined in a txt file and sends an alert if they match. eg if some uploads a file that matches the keywords an alert is sent.

It also checks the logs and reports any ip that logs in multiple times to different accounts.

Here are the bugs.

1. the config file allows you set the time range of the log files eg only scan the last 12 hours.[EDIT] think I have fixed this now
    This works until the logs are around 3 days old then it ignores the 12 hours and scans the entire log until it is rotated.

2. The cpanel ftp chkserv triggers an alert so this needs to be ingnored by the script. [EDIT] think I have fixed this now

I have no idea how to make this a whm addon but it would be good if it was so the keywords could be edited in whm and the config changed.

If you think you can help fix these bugs then please pm me and I will send you the script. Then if it works ok we can release it to the cpanel community.

Thanks

#1 simplybe, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator