Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Help ! no mysql connection and some other probs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ham, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Ham

Ham Member

Hello cPan forum,

sorry for my english, i m coming from munich/bavaria

i have a suse9.0 ready root server system physically outside my office and i installed cPan sucessfully via telnet without partitioning hard drives ( cause i don´t know how to make a fresh server installation + partitioning via telnet - i think that doesn´t work ) - cause in real i wish redhat 9

I have
    AMD 2800 XP +
    160 GB HD

the problem is i buy a server with a automatic preinstalled system that i can´t remove. for example the customer support there told me that i never should partitioning the hard drives

solong,

mysql failed
    eximstats failed

the cPan installtion works successfully except mysql update (from 4.0.15 to 4.0.18 ) and the exim4 mail installer.

Propably the SuSe9.0 perinstalled version ist the main problem.

if I downgrade the sql to 4.0.15 again it works fine - after a every day cPanel update i get the 4.0.18 and the sql crashes again ( can´t find socket in /var/lib/mysql/*(2) etc..)

by entering
    /scripts/exim4

I get a make-error / can´t read rpm in line ??? - so exim4 can´t installed via cPanel installation routine -

but if i need the SuSe9.0 YAST System module i can install exim successfully but without the necessery cPanel pathes though cPanel can start exim... - i get a 550 permession denied error if i send a mail to a new account

NOW MY QUESTIONS:

1. is it possible to install everything new ( a complete system reinstall ) and do you can identify my ip licence - or do I need then a newone ?

2. is there any possibility to setup a fresh mashine via telnet ?

3. Best solution: can i fix over posted problems by hand ?

i am very thankfull if you have any suggestions, cause i am searching since days to solve the problem:

mysql socket error
    +
    exim 550 permission denied ( mail adresses are allready existing )
    +
    eximstats (..cause of problems with mysql )

best regards and greetings from munich,
    god bless,
    haM.