The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Parking A Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by majicman, Jul 6, 2008.

1. majicman

majicman Registered

Jul 6, 2008
    Hi There,

Let me first try and explain to you how things are setup, and what I'm trying to do, and hopefully you can help me.

I have a hosting account through a company that I used to work for, and they gave me a subdomain. Let's say it's I bought a personal domain name from GoDaddy that let's say is What I'd like to do is park to I keep getting the following error message:

What changes do I need to make at GoDaddy for this work? Or, what changes do the admin of the server need to make? GoDaddy gives total nameserver/dns control, so myself and the admin can't figure out why this isn't working. We tried simply changing the nameservers over at GoDaddy to match those of the, but that didn't work. Then, we tried pointing the domain at GoDaddy to the shared IP that is listed in cPanel for me. That worked in the sense that my domain then pointed to the main Apache page, but I still couldn't park it so that it only showed my account.

Thanks a bunch!
    Majicman :)