The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! DNS Not Working.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Dodi300, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Dodi300

Dodi300 Member

Hello. I have a problem with the DNS on my server.
    Everytime I add a account to my server, the DNS says the domain is setup with the IP 192.168.1.5.
    I have the nameservers setup correctly on the domain however I can only access this website from the server only.
    Do I have something setup wrong somewhere?

In "Basic cPanel/WHM Setup" is the Virtual Host IP meant to be a LAN address?

Thanks for the help! :)

2. Dodi300

Dodi300 Member

I've removed my website account and changed my shared IP to my external one.
    Then I created the account again and the DNS is working great now, with it all pointing to my external IP not my LAN.

Although the website can be accessed, it shows the "Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" page and not the actual webspace.

So I thought there must be something wrong with the Virtual Hosts in httpd.conf. So I edited that and removed the IP and replaced it with a '*' in this line:
    Code:
    <VirtualHost *>
    Now it works fine, so what is really wrong with it?
    Will I have to edit httpd.conf everytime a account is created?

Thanks for the help. :)

3. bazzii

bazzii Member

Let me know the output of the following

# cat /etc/ips
    # ip a
    # cat /etc/ipaddrpool
    # cat /etc/hosts

WHM -> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup -> Main Shared Virtual Host IP

Also what you get on the cpanel error log (/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log)