The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please Important information needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karen123, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Karen123

Karen123 Registered

I am needing to make sure my server is secure i have log on putty and changed my root passwrd i am not sure if that will change the ftp passwrd as well i went on my control panel on root log on and it seems someone delete my user account there an the only account left was the coders i need to change all passwrd can someone please tell me where to do this to make sure he is out of the server and to ban his ip from the server i went in and changed the users account passwed so i can log on whm and putty and i created new user account for cpanel but not sure for how long

thanks

i manage to log on cpanel now looks like he done something to my site
    i can see it in the db
    but i cant log on to site how can i fix

i get this

[1045] dbconn: mysql_connect: Access denied for user 'athenas_djlee'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

#1 Karen123, Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

You really need to hire an admin to secure your box. Changing passwords alone will not stop the exploits especially after the fact. You need to take care of this asap or even opt for a reload of your entire server depending how far along things are.

3. kds

kds Registered

+1 on hiring an admin who knows how to secure a web server. If you are going to run a server you need to accept some responsibility and either spend the necessary time to learn how to secure a server or hire somebody who can.

That said, you can install csf and run the security report to get started.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=53511&highlight=security

I'm sure others can give you more links to tutorials or you can google lamp security or something and get a clue.