The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pmpmedia, Dec 29, 2007.

1. pmpmedia

pmpmedia Registered

Hello everyone, I'm new to this cPanel stuff and have a question and I'm sure I'll have a 1000 more, so I thank all of you right now in advance for all the help you will provide me. I am trying to upload content to our new website and I think I'm in the general area, but not sure. 1st, I'm going into Account Information>>list accounts>>file manager. Once inside file manager, what the hell do I do? LOL I'm new to this apparently, is there a tutorial where I can learn how to upload content? I created a new folder in file manager and uploaded some content, went to the webpage to see if it loaded, but see nothing new uploaded. We just switched to Hostgator from another webhost, previously all we had to do was enter our website name/admin, login and add from there, but now I'm seeing we have to do it differently. Thanks for the help.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you're not in cPanel but WHM? At any rate, you should be asking your host about this sort of thing. HG provides an area for these sorts of questions and has videos to check out located here. http://www.hostgator.com/tutorials.shtml

All the same, here's a quick tip for you. Create a file called index.html and upload that to your public_html. Then open your browser to yourdomain.com to see that file. Should get you started, good luck.

3. pmpmedia

pmpmedia Registered

I've followed the tutorials that you suggested, but see nothing when I upload. I also just created the index.html in public_html as you suggested, but do not see anything different when I go to our website. I guess I'll just have to play around and see what happens or get somebody to assist me that knows cPanel. Thanks for your help Infopro.

4. Rickvz

Rickvz Well-Known Member

As InfoPro mentioned, these types of questions really should be dealt with by your host. This forum is intended for support of cPanel itself which is the backend software that your host uses to provide you with control over your website.

HostGator has a very active forum and users there can help with advice on how to use your account. It would help when you post there to include your domain so that folks can test as well. The address for HG forums is http://forums.hostgator.com/. Register there and once your account is activated you will see the support forums and can search for similar problems.

5. pmpmedia

pmpmedia Registered

Thanks Rickvz, will head there now and post again. I'll get it eventually, promise. :)