The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP]Problem caused by MAIL Conversion

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ProLamer, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ProLamer

ProLamer Active Member

The problem is troubling me for quite a while already.

It started when Cpanel recommand all the users to convert the Mail format. But just after I have only converted one of my server.. the alarm went off... No more conversion is needed.

Now the situation is the server that i converted is the only server that has its own unique mail format which does not allow me to transfer accounts in or out of that server... I am now going to upgrade the server and the account within this old converted server need to be transfer out to a new sewrver, should i perform the conversion to the new server or there is other solution for me to get the accounts out fo the old server?

I know that this is a old qwuestion, but i did not manage to find a clear solution for this after checking the old threads.. so please give me some help here.

Thank you.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If you use the account transfer features in WHM to move and account from an mbox (old format) server to a maildir (new format) server, the mailboxes will be converted when the account is recreated on the destination server.

I think this is the exact opposite of what you need. To find out if maildir to mbox conversion occurs during transfer, try moving an account and see what happens. The account should still work as normal on the source server and the copy of it on the destination server will be redundant but can be examined to see what format the mailboxes end up in.