The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Receiving mail on this every minute

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by NeutralGold, Mar 21, 2003.

1. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

/usr/bin/python: relocation error: /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0:
    undefined symbol: _dl_cpuclock_offset..

I see some updates were appliad to the server last night and I have been receiving a mail with this message for every minute since this update. Anyone know what it is? Also for reference i will place the update notice here also. It seems it tried to install the update twice and failed due to an error

Downloading glibc-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    Retrieving http://updates.cpanel.net/pub/rpmup/redhat/7.2/x86/updates/glibc-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    Preparing... ##################################################
    glibc #################error: unpacking of archive failed on file /lib/libc-2.2.4.so;3e7af0ad: cpio: read failed - Invalid argument
    Downloading glibc-common-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    Retrieving http://updates.cpanel.net/pub/rpmup/redhat/7.2/x86/updates/glibc-common-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    Downloading glibc-devel-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    Retrieving http://updates.cpanel.net/pub/rpmup/redhat/7.2/x86/updates/glibc-devel-2.2.4-32.i386.rpm
    glibc-devel ##error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/libanl.a;3e7af212: cpio: read

2. Emrys

Emrys Member

Same here.

3. NeutralGold

Some update huh? I've been looking for about 30 minutes now trying to see whats broken via client side. Wouldnt mind getting this fixed though.

4. Emrys

Emrys Member

I'm unable to get to my WHM now, so I can't monitor anything. This is great.

EDIT: Seems it's only the secure version I can't get to. This is messing with apache and bind big time.

#4 Emrys, Mar 21, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  5. NeutralGold

Wow really? I got into whm fine... Thats really lame... You cant even submit a support request to see what the problem is. to bad cause i used my support request for this week yesterday...

6. Emrys

Emrys Member

Seems like the RPM's might've been corrupt. I'm downloading fresh ones to see if this will fix it.

7. NeutralGold

i tried to reupdate it this morning and it sitll got the errors. Those updates, do they change any of the files to work with cpanel/whm or do they just get them and put them on there file site for us to download cuase i wouldnt mind just getting the strait update and installing it myself

8. Emrys

Emrys Member

The version numbers match, so I am assuming they are the same files. I just went to rpmfind.net and got the same exact files. Still waiting for the DL.

9. Emrys

Emrys Member

Same errors as from the cPanel files. Hope they come up with a fix for this. I don't wanna break anything trying to fix something :)

10. NeutralGold

Yeah no kiddin this is crazy..

11. NeutralGold

Fixed it: I stopped receiving emails 5 minutes ago, I ran the following commands and now im running updates again. The first update installed fine, allthough the download is sooo slow that im still waiting on the other 2, but now the emails are stopped and since the first one installed fine i believe this fixed the problem...

Run this:
    rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
    Then this:
    rpm -vv --rebuilddb

you might have a huge pause in the rebuilding process so just wait..

12. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

We received over 300 emails by 9am when i checked the server. Whats going on?

13. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

My system is all screwed up, thanks! I really appreciate it the blunderous updates that have affected all our servers. A mess! :mad:

#13 sexy_guy, Mar 21, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2003
  14. NeutralGold

You try what i posted? And I dont think its the cpanel distributars fault.

15. theDOG

theDOG Member

I get this message every day:

Downloading glibc-common-2.2.5-42.i386.rpm
    Retrieving http://updates.cpanel.net/pub/rpmup/redhat/7.3/x86/updates/glibc-common-2.2.5-42.i386.rpm
    glibc-common ###error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/locale/en_DK: cpio: unlink failed - Operation not permitted
    glibc-devel is up to date

...not at all like the one up there^ and all my stuff seems to be fine. How come i didn't get whacked, and you guys did?

My new word for today is 'bunderous.'
    :D

16. NeutralGold

I got that same error too, i just didnt list them all, the reason you didnt get wacked is because you have to have your system mail farworded to the emial account you use, then you will get "wacked" As for the fix, i listed it, You need to rebuild the rpm database as its probably currupted.

17. theDOG

theDOG Member

System email does come to me. I didn't get that error, and all my stuff is working fine.

*shrug*

Guess i'll c/p that fix just in case. Somebody else wrote they just ran upcp again and fixed it...? Either/or?

18. NeutralGold

I tried running it twice to no avail, then i appliad the rpm database rebuild and then run the updates again and boom, fixed.. Now i know your not seeing any problems, but i didnt see any problems iwth my server either, i was able to login, everything seemed to work, the only thing i got were the emails. I dont know whats up with that other guys stuff, im sooo glad im not in his shoes, i know from now on im going to manually update everything because i cant afford for stuff to happen when im not around as i have other stuff to tend to away from home..

19. Emrys

Emrys Member

I ran the /scripts/cpup and it fixed itself... Maybe they updated something during the day?

20. theDOG

theDOG Member

Why not, and who do i yell at?

I was all smug yesterday because it didn't happen to me. Then it happened to me last night. Good thing i was hanging around here yesterday so i knew what to do about it.

After all the people that were affected by this yesterday, how could they allow an update to go out last night that caused the same mess? Was i just scheduled to get the mess, and missed the one yesterday?

I suppose it's only fair that i don't get left out, but still.
    :rolleyes:

I think i'm with NeutralGold, maybe it's a good idea to shut off these updates and come see what's going on in the forum before updating manually.

EDIT: OIC, /rpmup/redhat/7.3/x86/updates/glibc-common-2.2.5-42.i386.rpm

#20 theDOG, Mar 22, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2003