The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Recurring cpanel issues changing my file permissions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stev0z, Jan 6, 2005.

1. stev0z

stev0z Registered

I switched servers 2 days ago to get rid of this problem, and now it's back again... very frustrating. Everything was working fine last night.

Basically it looks like something is changing my file permissions, when I log into webmail and click horde, i get this error message.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_fd3c6febe4abca899798891682a5e121, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

The other webmail apps also give similar error messages...

Another problem is that my pop3 email won't come in either, it just says no new messages even though i know there are supposed to be new messages (even tried emailing myself).

When I log into cpanel with a user account none of the images/graphics at the top of the page load, in service status i get a bunch of X's for images not loading for the top half of the services, and im pretty sure it's all because of the same problem.

This is a fresh server, I haven't even installed any scripts other than what comes with cpanel, has anyone heard of this problem or have any idea what might be causing it?

ps. tried doing a chmod -R 777 /tmp
    Horde loads once after this, but then if i hit refresh the error comes right back.

Thanks,
    -Steve