The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!. Renewing cert!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phantom, May 6, 2003.

1. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,
    I had to renew my cert.

When i installed the new crt, the broswer now throws up a red flag. I don't know what to do.

I emailed support many days ago and have yet to hear back from them. In the meantime, I'm getting flooded with support requests on this and not getting any signups because of this and the fact that my billing software is not working because the people who made it installed it wrong and will not get back to be to fix it.

Can anyone help me with the cert problem? They sent me the new certs but when I try to update it, i get the browser errors. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to update it?

Thanks.

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

You don't need to use WHM to update your SSL Cert. If the domain name that the secure cert is covering hasn't been changed, you can verify the contents of the following files:

/usr/share/ssl/certs/sub.domain.crt
    /usr/share/ssl/private/sub.domain.key

Before making changes make copies of the files. Update the crt file with the new renewed crt and restart apache.

3. dolphyn

dolphyn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is it an InstantSSL certificate by any chance? I had the same problem recently, but I went to Comodo support [link] and apparently they have changed the "bundled cert file" so it is different from the one WHM wants to install by default. After I specified that correctly, the new certificate worked fine.

#3 dolphyn, May 7, 2003
    Last edited: May 7, 2003
  4. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

Yes. it is an instantssl cert. Can you tell me EXACTLY what you did to fix it?

Thank you so much!

5. dolphyn

dolphyn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yep, in WHM I used the "Install SSL Certificate" screen.

I verified that the Key matched the new one that I generated a few days ago. (I did not try to "recycle" the old CSR because Comodo told me to make a new one for the renewal.)

Under "Paste the CA Bundle here," I deleted the WHM default and instead used the "bundled cert file" that I downloaded from http://www.instantssl.com/support/cert_installation/index.html .