The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Required - First Server Set Up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ebiz1000, May 8, 2004.

1. ebiz1000

ebiz1000 Member

Hi

I have just set up a miniserver and am having real problems setting up WHM etc on it. I have gone through the original configuration and have made a total mess of things.

I keep getting error messages and nothing seems to work. I am not at all technical and have read a lot of the posts regarding set up but to be honest do not understand most of what it says to do.

I am looking for someone who can set everything up for me, I will of course pay for this.

I am using WHM 9.2.0 cPanel 9.2.0-R24
    Fedora - WHM X v2.1.2

If anyone is willing to set this up for me please contact me or post below. Ideally I am looking for it to be up and running within 48 hours max.

If you prefer not to do it but have an idiots guide to setting things up that may help me.

2. ebiz1000

ebiz1000 Member

I set up nameservers originally at my domain registra using the 2 IP addresses I was given. I went through the set up and things seemed OK. I was getting errors regarding bind not working which I have read about and it seems to be a common problem.

I set up a small account using WHM for the domain I had used as the nameservers and it all appearded to work OK. I then set up another account for another domain name and nothing worked, I can't access the hosting, ftp etc I did a check at dnsreport and it says the nameservers are lame and then the whole bottom section regarding A record, CNAME etc are all Fail

I was then told I had to set the secondary nameserver to point to the slave nameserver instead of the second IP address, so I changed that and nothing.

I have got all confused with the DNs Zones, Nameserver set up and hostname and really do not know what to do now. I have never accessed a shell before and have not got the first clue even how to access it to change any of the files I have read about.

I have already spent several days trying to set it up and am no further ahead now that I was originally. If anyone is willing to set it up I will pay £70 ($125 US) as I need it up and running as quickly as possible and am not sure what to do next.

I have 3 hosting reseller accounts already (only 1 uses WHM) and am fine with the basics, setting up accounts and all the other very basic functions, but when it comes to DNS Zones and things like that I have not got the first idea.