The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Serious new server issue - list account shows NO accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wa4fat, Aug 25, 2008.

1. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

Good morning

I'm in the process of populating a new server with accounts from another server we're retiring soon. All has been progressing smoothly and without issue -- until last night, and I now have a major issue.

1. a cpbackup last night was written to the root, instead of a separate backup drive, exhausting all available space on the root partition

2. I removed the cpbackup directory, restoring space to this drive

3. Consurrently (but not necessarily related) mail is now failing for all accounts on this new server.

4. Remote mail servers receive a report that an email address/user doesn't exist - even though it does.

4. selecting LIST ACCOUNTS, under ACCOUNT INFORMATION, shows NO accounts, although there are many new accounts on this server, and HTTP is working fine for all.

So -- the server's WHM shows no accounts in the 'list account' feature, even though there are many accounts, and all email is failing because the server apparently believes there are no accounts -- so no email addresses.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on how I might address these issues.

Thanks!

2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

looks like the entries in /etc/localdomains, ./etc/userdomains and /etc/trueuserdomains are missing.

try the script

/scripts/updateuserdomains

3. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the excellent advice!

I had just discovered that both /etc/trueuserdomains and
    /etc/trueuserowners were 0 bytes, but was unsure how to restore those files.

Perhaps this will also restore email for those wayward account ... hope so!

4. kevsach

kevsach Registered

similar issue

I'm having a similar issue to the original post, however i'm unsure if mail is affected as yet... I similarly accidently set backup to run from / and subsequently ran out of disk space.... i've deleted the cpbackup folder and regained space, but have no accounts listed, and user cpanels seem to be running dreadfully slowly now....

i've checked /etc/localdomains and /etc/userdomains and both seem to be populated....

i've tried to run /scripts/updateuserdomains as suggested, but this is where I fall over, i'm presuming to run this script i log into whm and then browse to http://<domain>:2086/scripts/updateuserdomains
    but from this i get a blank page with no repsonse from the server.
    and still no accounts listed

any ideas where to look next would be greatly appreciated

5. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

Hello

You'll want to run /scripts/updateuserdomains from shell, not from a web browser.

To do so, navigate to the scripts directory via shell and then type ./updateuserdomains

Good luck

6. chandro

chandro Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /scripts/updateuserdomains

this work for me, thanks

before do that on SSH, i change the inodes of the VPS, because if not, it appears a message saying, quota exceded.

have a nice day