The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Setting Up DNS Clustering

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by learningtohost, Aug 13, 2005.

1. learningtohost

learningtohost Registered

Hi,

I currently have a dedicated server running RHES 3 - WHM X v3.1.0 that is hosting multiple customers and 2 nameservers (ns1.server.net and ns2.server.net). I just ordered an additional server and want to set it up for DNS clustering. I want the second server to run ns2.server.net (so customers on server 2 will continue to work if server 1 ever goes down). Since ns2.server.net is currently running on server 1, I'm a little unclear on the exact steps for removing ns2.server.net from server 1 and setting is up on server 2.

Can someone give me a very simple step-by-step process for:
    (1) - removing ns2.server.net from server 1
    (2) - setting up server 2 to run ns2.server.net
    (3) - confirming that http://www.cpanel.net/docs/dnsclustering-quickstart/ is all I need to do to setup DNS Clustering once 1 and 2 are complete

Thanks in advance for any direction.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Try a search on the forum for registrar which throws up a few threads which should give you the information you need to do it. If you're still stuck, let us know.

3. shashank

shashank Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Assign ns2 an Ip from the second server and setup clustering. Should work fine that way.