The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! update of apache erased sites!

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mangohead, Aug 10, 2004.

1. mangohead

mangohead Member

I just recompiled apache and a ton of errors have occured. The most vital problem being that my clients sites no longer load!

I'm not sure what happened with the recompile, but all the client files are still there. It looks like all the sites with the shared IP address no longer respond, instead I get the page with " There is no website configured at this address. "

Does anyone know why this happened? Apache is not loading sites with the shared IP address, which is also the main IP address of the server.

This is crucial, as my clients sites are not loading. Any help would be appreciated

Also, in WHM, I tried to use the option " Change Site's IP Address ", which is under Account Functions. When I try to change the IP address of a site, it does not give me any options, of IP Addresses, in the dropdown menu. But my sites that are on seperate IP address are changable and the sites are loading.

thanks alot!

mango

#1 mangohead, Aug 10, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A quick search would tell you what you need to fix this

3. mangohead

mangohead Member

Could you please point me in the right direction please. What keywords to look for.

thanks!

4. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    httpd.conf

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

There's an option under Backups called Configuration File Rollback. You should look into that. Also, the reason it erased it is probably because your log files are too large. You should look into correcting that issue, too. This has been discussed before, so do a search after you fix the immediate problem.