Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

HELP! using a subdomain of an add-on domain for a forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sublogJ, Oct 31, 2003.

1. sublogJ

sublogJ Registered

hello,

i looked through a whole bunch of posts trying to find an answer to this but was unsuccessful. it seems that no one has asked this question specifically before.

i'm trying to set up a forum for one of my add-on domain sites and i'm having trouble with the address bar. the reason the problem started is because i am only able to install the forum into a root directory (in this case www.jasonlevis.com/forum) rather than being able to install it into my add-on domain directory (www.jasonlevis.com/submag/forum which is the same as www.submag.ca/forum).

www.jasonlevis.com is my main account and www.submag.ca is the addon domain. i would like to have the forum accesible at forum.submag.ca. i have set up that subdomain and told it to redirect to: http://www.jasonlevis.com/forum/

the problem is that i don't want that actual URL to show up in the address bar. i would like it to still say forum.submag.ca when people are on the forums. basically i'd just like to add forum.submag.ca as an add-on domain that points to the www.jasonlevis.com/forum directory, but i don't know if that will even work or if it will just cause problems. is it possible to use a subdomain as an add-on domain?

is there any way to do this? can anyone help me out?

if you've made it this far, i really appreciate you taking the time to read this message.

thanks
    Jason

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 sublogJ, Oct 31, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear sublogJ,

If you use subdomain to redirect to www.jasonlevis.com/forum, then automatically the URL will change to http://www.jasonlevis.com/forum. Also it is not possible to have the addon domain which is already a subdomain. Try deleting the subdomain forum.submag.ca and create forum.submag.ca as an addon domain pointing to www.jasonlevis.com/forum directory.

Regards,