The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help viewing swf. files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wingmancreation, Sep 29, 2010.

1. wingmancreation

wingmancreation Registered

I'm having a little trouble with my website so far. Everything seems to be uploaded but any of my swf. files. It's starting to get frustrating and I haven't found a solution to fixing the problem. Im using dreamweaver cs3 and my domain server that im using is cpanel. Well some domain servers are old and they probably are not able to display any swf files. But I checked the "MIMS Type" and cpanel seems to recognize flv. files (If that makes anysense). I tried adding the url of the swf. file from my domain server but that doesn't work either. Then I used another practice html and just added a swf. file inside of it then replaced my current one with the practice version and that also doesn't work. So it's not my html page that's messed up. There is something wrong with my domain server that it doesn't allow me to display my swf files. However, I am using CSS so I did create a cascading sheet. This swf. file is a div tag in my page. Does that mean theres something I must check in my domain server before I upload? Ofcourse, I have the CSS file uploaded already into my domain server. I also checked for errors and there is NO errors. So PLEASE help. Thank you all

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    While this isn't exactly a cPanel related question, from your post you mention .swf and .flv

These are of course 2 different formats you need to understand an consider.

3. wingmancreation

wingmancreation Registered

Thank you. Rookie mistake

4. garryj87

garryj87 Registered

How are you trying to display the swf file?

Theres more to it then simply inseting it in to a page like an image or something..