Help: WHM scripts2 not working

punk

Jun 20, 2002
about 3 days ago, my cpanel/whm/webmail totally died, and until several times try to /scripts/upcp, at last my cpanel working again, except all of WHM "scripts2" links.

honnestly, i'm affraid to upcp again, because at the last time upcp, it took about 28 hours. It's also make my clients angry because they can't access to their domain and email, due the extremely high cpu load when the upcp proccess.

can u anyone help me pls... thank's in advanced

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
The only solution is likely to be to do a forced upcp if the WHM binary is not working:

/scripts/upcp --force

If you're concerned about that, then you should raise the issue with your cPanel license provider.

punk

Jun 20, 2002
chirpy said:
The only solution is likely to be to do a forced upcp if the WHM binary is not working:

/scripts/upcp --force

If you're concerned about that, then you should raise the issue with your cPanel license provider.

thx for your help, but still not work.
I get one md5 error in middle of upcp--force proccess (sorry, i forget for the error detail)

punk

Jun 20, 2002
chirpy said:
You'd need to post the exact error you get in context of the upcp run.
mm... ok, I think better if I open a support ticket to cpanel
anyway, thank you very much for your help
i will post any progress from cpanel support

regards

punk

Jun 20, 2002
ok...

for several days, (as information that came from cPanel support) I did rerun /scripts/upcp --force without luck. scripts2 working well but cppop totally die caused by expired license error (this is very strange because i know that my license is active).

in desparate condition, i try to change 'update config" from WHM to use "Manual Updates Only (STABLE tree)" and doing :

(SSH as root)
/scripts/updatenow --fromupcp
/scripts/installgd
/scripts/cleanmd5

at last, i use "Upgrade to Latest Version" link from WHM, and reboot the server after 100%.

Thank's to God that my server going up and normal :)

** chirpy, thank you for your time & your concern about my post :)

buro9

Jun 8, 2003
punk said:
(SSH as root)
/scripts/updatenow --fromupcp
/scripts/installgd
/scripts/cleanmd5
Those plus:
/scripts/upcp --force

Did it for me... no reboot required :)