The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with cPanel (newbie)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siscoo, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Siscoo

Siscoo Registered

Guys i know this is a really really newbie kwestion but i need help where would i put the HTML code for my homepage?

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

/public_html should do the trick.

:)

3. Siscoo

Siscoo Registered

ok

Ok but where under public_html

4. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

You should really be asking your hosting provider these questions via a support request. These forums are for cPanel licence holders to help each other out. Normally a hosting company has an FAQ on their web site that addresses most of these account setup questions for you.

However, this is your web root directory that is served to a browser when your url is entered in the address bar so all files and directories go in here that are available to the public.

/public_html/index.html
    /public_html/images/yourimages.jpg

Get the picture?

#4 Izzee, Dec 29, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  5. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

Hello Siscoo,

Were you able to produce the webpage. :)

----->>Guys i know this is a really really newbie kwestion but i need help where would i put the HTML code for my homepage?

Make sure you always ask questions related to cpanel issues. General questions like this one should have easily answered with anyone of the webhosting companies tutorial section.

David

6. Siscoo

Siscoo Registered

sorta :/

i kinda figured it out i mean i realized i had to save the html as Index.html to make it the "homepage" then i edited it and put it back in and now its showing the directory again and the 1st thing you see under "back to parental directory" is Index.html so i dont see why its not actually showing as my homepage anymore.. :( this is so confusing i went from freewebs to writing my own html for a .com :P its a little complicated still i made sure the file was set as a HTML file and that it wasnt spelled wrong and its under Public_html and still it wont set :( i just wish it would work :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

In a *nix server environment all files are case sensitive as opposed to Windoze which allows a bit more freedom for errors.

Index.html is a different file to index.html

So rename it to index.html lowercase i and it might work for you this time.

8. Siscoo

Siscoo Registered

:D thank you!

Wow thx didnt think of that

[edit]
    YAY it worked im so happpy!! thx so much :D :D now to link it to a page all i have to do is put a link on the main page leading to www.yourdomain.com/thefile.html <--- thx much and sorry for posting in the wrong forums... :cool:

#8 Siscoo, Jan 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2006