The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with cPanel WordPress install error.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LondonTech, Oct 8, 2011.

1. LondonTech

LondonTech Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Sorry if another copy of this post appears elsewhere in the forum, but I'm not sure what happened to the last one I posted!

Newbie question: Today I set up my first website's registration/hosting with a view to setting up a blog, the hosting pack included access to cPanel which I want to use for my new site, but I'm not having much luck in getting WordPress to install. To clarify I am doing the following: cPanel -> Fantastico De Luxe -> WordPress -> install, I select WordPress and enter enter my selected admin passwords and username, email and so forth and then press install.

I keep getting the following message at stage 2/3 of the WordPress install process.

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in/tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1318094787.32368a1lYsFTiVB on line1617
    Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

What am I doing wrong!? From a written guide I understand this is all I need to do. Any help would be great. Do I need to wait for my website/nameservers changes to fully 'propagate' for 48 hours??

Have looked at videos on YouTube and they seem to have different versions of cPanel, and it seems so simple! I have no knowledge of coding but the alternative seems to be the manual/database route, which I would rather avoid for now...

Thanks in advance

2. ashif

ashif Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would suggest you to reset your cPanel password. "Sync MySQL password with account password" should be enabled. Ater that try again.