The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with cron

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pghs2kid, Mar 1, 2015.

1. pghs2kid

pghs2kid Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Sorry if this may be in the wrong section (im new here) if that is the case, moderators please move to the appropriate location.

Question: I would like to use cron to delete old posts and images from a social media style website. Basically delete all user content without deleting their profile image and other information directly linked to them..hope that makes sense? Maybe a simpler put example would be to delete monthly everything all users have posted to facebook, all wall content, photos, etc. but without deleting the users account,profile picture,info, messages, etc.

I am using oxwall, however, to my knowledge cron works in compliance with it? If anyone would have the command i should be using to do this task please let me know. Or maybe I can rather "edit" the code in oxwall to perform such a task?

Thanks!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might do better to ask over at oxwall, whatever that is. You wouldn't be able to make any sort of cronjob to edit/remove content without having the tools in the software you're using.

This isn't a cPanel issue. When you find more details for this from oxwall, depending on the solution, yes you can setup a cronjob in your cPanel. That is, if your Hosting Provider permits that feature on your account.