The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with directories in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dissaor, Jan 16, 2006.

1. dissaor

dissaor Registered

I know this can be a really newbie question, but i never seen before a server like cpanel with all these options.

and the guy of support where i bought this service say this question is out of the support contract and into designer job and wants money for resolve my problem. :mad:

This is my trouble :

I have problems with my past server, then i bought a service with cpanel to transfer the webpage , but when i put my directories, sub- directories and all the files in file manager my page doesnt work properly.

in the "past server" i have my directories like this :

in home " / " i had index.htm, some other files.htm , and my subdirectories named ( images, afi )

under the sub-directory " afi " were around 34 more directories with numbers like this (aaa100, bbb101 , ccc102, ) then when i uploaded the directory " afi " my files in directories aa100,bbb101,ccc102, were uploaded automatic.

and in "images" were all the pictures i use in the web.

"" My question is, where i should put my directories, i got some named :
    cgi-bin, etc, mail, publicftp , publichtml , tmp and www. " :confused:

the first thing i did where put my directories in www, then my index and files in home " / " were working but no the files under " afi " (aaa100, bbb102)

then i put all directories in public html, but this doesnt work too.

and finally in a useless attempt i put my directories in all the cpnel directories but this doesnt work.

sorry about my english.

email : Haggen_x@hotmail.com

if some one can help me i will be grateful. :eek:

thanks.

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

They go in /home/username/

These will usually be placed automagically when you create a user account.

:)

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The actual web files should go into the public_html/ directory and CGI scripts into public_html/cgi-bin/

You might want to think about switching to a different web hosting provider as this is the sort of thing they should definitely help you with as part of their support for you.