Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Help with DNS wanted

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by ckizer, Aug 30, 2004.

1. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

I recently setup DNS services with WHM on a new box. I originally setup ns1,ns2.nfanatic.COM but now need to switch to ns1,ns2.nfanatic.net

I modified the /etc/hosts /etc/resolver and the namserver files. It appears that they are setup correctly. I updated my NS server registrations with godaddy.

However I ran a DNS type tool and it reports my master DNS servers as ns1.servermatrix.com (which at one time did setup simple record of nfanatic.net....

How can I remove this problem? "NS records at parent servers"

also somewhere the .COM of the nameserver is still on the server because i saw it in a new errorlog recently. Where else might nameservers be listed?

What do I need to do to fix my problems (ps nfanatic.net was only changed in the last 12 hours to use ns1.nfanatic.net, ns2 was change 2 hours later so it might be why it shows the parent as ns1.nfanatic.net, and ns2.servermatrix.com

Here is DNS reports results
    http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=nfanatic.net

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your zone files look okay. Probably still a propagation issue given the changes you have made.