The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Domain and Subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobinGreenstone, Aug 17, 2012.

1. RobinGreenstone

RobinGreenstone Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have a domain named "domain.com" with wordpress installed on this domain.com site. I have made some pages within this wordpress optimized for IE only. I created a new subdomain which is "ie.domain.com." I've setup the redirect to domain.com/ie.html for example. However, whenever we visit ie.domain.com, it lands as domain.com/ie.html - which I dont want. I want the URL to always display as ie.domain.com even if the user is visiting any page within that page like domain.com/ie-post.html.

How can I achieve this?

Many thanks.

Robin
    The Best Dog Food is Natural Dog Food--Delivered to Your Door!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a reason these pages aren't in their own folder to ensure the subdomain is going to only pull files from the subdomain folder? It is extremely confusing to try to create a redirect of this sort. It's easier to have the set files in their own folder to ensure that you can then have the subdomain's document root in the subdomain's folder. In fact, if you set them into /home/username/public_html/ie and set ie.domain.com's document root to that folder, you wouldn't even have to do a redirect.