The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with email campaign

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by keat63, Mar 5, 2016.

1. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When we run an email campaign at work, we only ever send to our own subscribed customers, and when we do we send via 3rd paty emailer so as not to get blacklisted.

However, we have a dedicated server with 2 IP's, one of which is only being used (as far as I'm aware) for NS2, and we have at least half a dozen spare domain names.

I have a mailing campaign to run this week, so was wondering if we could do this through our own server but avoid being blacklisted.

I'm assuming that I could send these mails though the spare (NS2) IP and maybe through a spare domain name if I have to.

This is 100% legitimate, I've no intentions of spamming hundreds of thousands of people, and I really don't want to compromise any server ratings at all.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about this ?

2. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    First you need to check with your server provider and see if they have any email sending policies. If there is no such thing you can set your sender domain spf ,domain keys and sending IPS RDNS . After that send the emails . Service providers like gmail and yahoo have some rules too for mass mail servers. You may please check that too.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's still possible to get listed on a SPAM blacklist, even if your email is legitimate. Each remote server has their own bulk sending guidelines you must follow. For example, with Google, it's documented at:

Bulk Senders Guidelines - Gmail Help

Review the bulk sender guidelines for the major email providers to get a better idea of which steps to follow.

Thank you.

4. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So how do mailchimp get away with it.
    I've a 20,000 (genuine) customer database, that I'd like to notify about important changes to our web site.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Their website documentation suggests reviewing the guidelines at:

The Spamhaus Project - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Thank you.