The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by javiergarcia, Dec 26, 2013.

1. javiergarcia

javiergarcia Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the last couple of days I'm receving tons of spam to an email address: accountname@server.myservername.com. I don't use that email address and it's not even public, it's the accountname of one of my domains, which is weird.

I'm receiving so many that I had to stop exim or my server would crash. I don't really use email accounts in the server, I just have a few redirections like contact@mydomain.com -> my gmail address, I don't even use inbox, just those redirections. But without exim it seems those redirections don't work?

Is there any way to *only* have those redirections and completely dismiss sending/receiving from/to any other email addresses? I've checked options from WHM and I wa sunable to make it work that way, so I have

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Make sure you have the following setting configured under "Default Address" in cPanel for the domain names associated with your accounts:

"Discard with error to sender (at SMTP time)"

This will ensure emails sent to non-existent email accounts are bounced back to the sender automatically.

Thank you.