The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with filters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kickapooh, Aug 1, 2009.

1. kickapooh

kickapooh Registered

Hi. I'm running;

cPanel Version 11.24.5-RELEASE
    cPanel Build 37629
    Apache version 2.2.11 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.9
    MySQL version 5.1.30
    Architecture i686
    Operating system Linux

I would like some help if at all possible. I have an autoresponder setup for all incoming mail for one of my hosted domains. I used to use a gmail vacation (auto) responder which would only send one automessage to the same email every 4 days. So when someone got the autoresponse, if they emailed me back a question, they would not get the same autoresponse again until 4 days had passed. That would give me time to answer all of their questions afterwards manually.

Is there a way to do this with filters or something similar using my setup now?
    Thanks...

2. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

What you need is each and every reply the user send should receive your auto-responder responder?

3. kickapooh

kickapooh Registered

Actually I only want them to get the autoresponder once. I see no need for them to get the same autoresponse for every email they send me afterwards.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

I do not think this can be possible. Auto responder will send automated reply to each email you receive. This is how Auto-Responder option works.

5. kickapooh

kickapooh Registered

ok

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. I was hoping there would be some way to do something similar to the way gmail does their vacation responder.

"Vacation responder:
    (sends an automated reply to incoming messages. If a contact sends you several messages, this automated reply will be sent at most once every 4 days).

You can set up a vacation response in your Gmail settings that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you. While the vacation responder is enabled, Gmail will send a response to anyone who contacts you.* If that person contacts you again after four days and your vacation responder is still enabled, Gmail will send another vacation response to remind the person that you're away from your email."

Another question for you guys,
    Is it possible to change the reply to email address using my setup? If so how would I do this in the autoresponder?