The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with (fix)quotas and ssh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AFCA, Jun 24, 2010.

1. AFCA

AFCA Registered

Hi,

i've removed a file from my website yesterday, which was just a link to a guestbook on the site, and now i can't receive any emails. When i go to the webmail to see if there are too many emails, i get the error that it is over quota. Now i've read something about giving a command /script/fixquotas but how do i do that?

When i boot up PuTTy i give in the username and password, and it gives me an error saying i'm not using ssh. So I'm trying to make a key in the SSH bit when i login as root user and it gives me the error that i can't make a key. How does this work? And why do i get the error that it's over quota while i actually delete a file instead of adding one?

I just tried to send an email to that email address, and it says the inbox is full while it's unlimited.
    Whoever provides me with a useful answer, thanks in advance.

- Mike

#1 AFCA, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. cPanelJamyn

cPanelJamyn Social Engineer
    Staff Member

Rather than the mailbox being over quota, it sounds like the account itself is over quota. If you have root/whm access, I suggest raising the account limit temporarily. It's easy for someone with access to WHM (you, or perhaps your host) to see which accounts are over quota. In WHM, navigate to:

Main >> Account Information >> Show Accounts over Quota

Your account should be listed there, and you can raise your quota at that point.

3. AFCA

AFCA Registered

Thanks for your reaction, and I've tried to look up the accounts, but somehow I can't find it. Take a look at the attached file. Could you help me where to navigate? Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The change needs to be made in the WebHost Manager

The screenshot you provided is of cPanel, not the WebHost Manager. If you do not have access to the WHM, or do not know what this is, you will need to contact your host for assistance.