Help with Hardware Upgrade Please

Soheil

Jun 24, 2003
Hello.
I have been running cpanle with redhat 8 on a celeron 1.7 with 1 GB of RAM and 60GB of HD
Recently I was ruiing out of hard drive space and also the server has been ruiing out of resources frequently.

I upgraded the system to a 2.4GHz Interl Processor, 2GB of RAM and added an additional Hard Drive of 80 GB

Basically because the old system did not support the memory upgrade, ev1 suggested to take the drive and put it in ta new server.
They made the switch and it all works fine.

My questions are:

1. Sicne the motherboard, and cpu are changed, do I have to reconfigure or install anything or is the system smart enough to recognize the changes?

2. My second drive is partisioned and mounted as home2
How do I move some of my accounts from the first drive to the second drive, since it's about 93% full now and I would like to free up some space for the clients.

3. Apache still keeps failing, as though it's not as much. The system runs much smoother, but I would like to know what configurations I could change to make it not crash as much.

Thanks so much.

HH-Steven

Aug 29, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
WHM -> Account Functions -> Rearrange Accounts

Select the account you want to move then click on Rearrange

Choose your secondary hard drive from the drop down list and click on Move Account

;)