The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with hosting web sites only! No DNS or MX Required.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dotcomtim, Jul 17, 2010.

1. dotcomtim

dotcomtim Member

I am reading so many scenarios about this topic and it just adding to my frustrations I getting this issue resolved. I am hosting several web sites, which I am adding them as parked domains. All these sites are just web sites only – no DNS or MX is required as they do their own.

I am also the only one using the server and doing all this as root. I currently have eight sites already listed and like to fix them and automate the others.

My conflicts right now is that when the system emails one of those domains it cannot issue the email, as the email does not exist and the mail queue is getting full.

What steps would I take to have my current parked domains just hosted sites – which I am also afraid to delete the DNS entries (which I am reading) thinking the site will not work or point correctly?

In addition, can I automate this by altering the Standard Template and make all parked domains get added to the /etc/remotedomains instead of the other file.

2. dotcomtim

dotcomtim Member

I tried the following and it seems to be working. Just wish this was an addition to the WHM or a way to automate it yourself.

I created the Park Domain, deleted the DNS Zone (as it is not required), remove the domain from /etc/localdomains, add the domain to /etc/remotedomains

Can someone confirm that this is ok? and it won't nip me in the butt later. Thanks

3. tdkgold

tdkgold Registered

Another way of achieving this would be to go to the MX Entry section of the Mail area. Once there, choose the Remote Mail Exchanger option.
    Then add the appropriate MX records in the lower section.
    This worked for me.