The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with installation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clukas, Feb 9, 2011.

1. clukas

clukas Member

I have attempted to install cpanel in the past and failed, mainly due to my centos 5.4 configuration (i think).

Is anyone out there who has recorded a full installation of cpanel from sratch (i.e. including installation of cpanel), on video, there doesnt seem to be anything on youtube.

Would anyone be willing to do such a video!?

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello clukas,

If you'd like, we can perform the installation for you. This is a courtesy we do for all license holders. You can open a ticket using the link in my signature.

Also, when you state you've failed, what happened precisely? It could just be a firewall configuration that's causing the ports for WHM and cPanel not to be opened and maybe it still managed to install? Otherwise, maybe the hostname wasn't a fully qualified domain name and that caused the installer to fail. You can set the hostname using the command:

Code:
    hostname server.domain.com
    Replace server.domain.com with the new hostname.

Thanks.

3. Kevinfrom

Kevinfrom Well-Known Member

I am already working on installation video's for CentoS and cPanel, please watch cPanelTraining channel on youtube for updates.