The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with mail filtering

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by timvie, Aug 20, 2003.

1. timvie

timvie Member

I am using 7.4.2-RELEASE 106. My host will give me shell access on a shared server. I am having problems with the mail filtering???? It seems all I have the ability to do is forward an email to another email address at least this is the only thing that I know is working... I have tried to pipe emails to a script will no luck also have tried to put a filter in the main account to delete the emails if they have "XXX" in the header and cannot get this to work either. I have went in and looked at the file /etc/valiases/mydomain.com and the filter rules are writing there and look ok. I did notice that I do not have a vfilters folder in my username/etc folder I have seen this mentioned in other threads. Could this be my problem? Any help would be really great. I am using around 100 megs of bandwith a day due to bounced emails I have to pull down off the server. Glad I not on a dial up.... I would have been out of disk space 2 days ago....

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear timvie,

The file for your domain is present in /etc/vfilters directory. It can be used to block mail from unwanted senders.

An example is given below to block a sender from spam@spaming.com to a user in your domain.

Then the contents of /etc/vfilters/yourdomain.com would be:

# Exim filter
    if error_message then finish endif

if
    $header_from: is \"spam@spaming.com\"
    then
    save /dev/null
    endif

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: