The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with My Email Account on Roundcube Webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Lancebug, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Lancebug

Lancebug Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new on this forum.
    Yesterday I activated my Microsoft Outlook using my organisation email address. Since then, I cannot access the mail through my regular CP webmail platform. When I opened the mail all my inbox messages had migrated to outlook leaving only items.

Please how I rectify this? I want my messages back to my roundcube webmail. It is easy for me to access through my different devices.

I need help with this.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

You have setup pop mail account in your outlook and due to that your all mail has been downloaded on your mail client. Please setup your outlook account with IMAP so that you can access your all mail through webmail and mail client

3. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd also suggest that you configured your outlook as POP3.
    In doing so, POP3 downloaded all the messages from the email server to your outlook.
    I believe there may be a setting in outlook to 'leave a copy on the server', or as suggested above, configure your outlook to use IMAP instead.
    IMAP will only remove the copy when you physically delete it.
    It will delete from the Outlook and the web server though.

How you get your downloaded emails back on to the web server is possible but a little tricky.
    This has worked for me on a number of occasions, it is time consuming but should work for you.

At this stage, do not remove the POP account from your outlook, or you may lose everything.
    I would first create a brand new temporary email account on the email server.
    On your outlook, configure the temporary account as IMAP.
    You should now have 2 inboxes, your pop3 one and a temporary imap one

Now copy the emails from your POP account to the tempoary IMAP account.
    This will copy all your emails back to the server where you can access them via Roundcube (at this stage only in your temporary account)
    Once you are satisfied that they all copied over OK, you can remove the POP account from outlook and then reconfigure it as IMAP.

When you have 2 IMAP accounts configured in outlook, copy the emails from the temporary account back to your real account.
    All your email will be back on the server in your original Roundcube account.
    Once this has completed, you can remove the temporary account.

I dare say there are much easier ways to do this, and someone with more knowledge may come up with a better solution, but this has worked for me more than once.

#3 keat63, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, as mentioned, this is the result of configuring POP3 in your email client and downloading the messages. The previous posts should help you to address the issue.

Thank you.