The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Nameserver set up.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Jinxey, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Jinxey

Jinxey Member

Hi there, thanks for reading, i was wondering if someone might be able to help me and tell me what im doing wrong. Today when changing one domain over to my new dedicated server i was getting a few errors, annoyed i contacted my domain provider and asked why it was doing it. They insisted that it was a problem on my dedicated server, they gave me this link http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=ns1.jjr-networks.net and then refused to help me.

From looking at that link i could only really see one thing that might be a problem. As you can see in the dns records and stuff on there i have ns1.jjr-servers.net and ns2.jjr-servers however this is going to my old host from where i had a reseller, however now i have purchased a dedicated server and on sign up i thought i was going to use my normal domain jjr-servers.net and put in the nameservers i would want and my hostname lightning.jjr-servers.net however in after the order was processed and i had already set up the server i changed my mind and used a new domain being jjr-networks.net, so my question really is.. is this the correct problem that im having when pointing domain to my server and if so how do i go about fixing it because i have configured the new DNS on cpanel and it works for a few domains. If this isnt the problem what is it?

And for anyone who might want to know the problem i had when configuring domains to go to my server was that i was getting told i had duplicate nameservers, and this was when configuring via WHM Complete solution.

Thanks for all help :)

2. Jinxey

Jinxey Member

Just to let you know, im still having the problem if anyone can help i would be greatfull. Ty