The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with OpenSSL Module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mpallo, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mpallo

mpallo Registered

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please assist me with how to go about installing the Open SSL module. I am using a webmail client (squirrelmail alternative) called roundcube mail (roundcube.net) and in order for a spellcheck feature of it to work I need to have openssl installed.

I am using a web host which is running Linux and PHP 4.4.2. When I log into my cpanel I have a huge breakdown of config information starting with Configuration PHP Core, ctype, domxml, ftp, gd......and so forth. There is a category named "Additional Modules" and there is nothing listed. I assume this is where I need to see the SSL module?

Where can this be downloaded and is this something I should have access to install or may I have to contact my hosting provider support?

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

OpenSSL, by default, is installed on your server. If you have root access to the server, at the prompt, type
    Code:
    openssl
    This should take you to OpenSSL command line.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No, the OP isn't talking about the SSL OS modules.

You need to recompile apache+php in WHM > Apache Update > and be sure to select the Openssl Support.