The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Paths via File Manager PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newbie0416, Oct 22, 2009.

1. newbie0416

newbie0416 Registered

I am in the process of updating (editing) meta for specific product pages within a web site. Via the File Manager, I obviously accessed the Home Page Index to update, but I cannot locate the individual product landing pages for edit update.

Is this something that should be accomplished within a Store Admin area outside of cpanel?

For example: www.mysite.com/cat_.php?products_id+=&cPath=21&isSub=0

how do I get to cat_.php?products_id=&cPath=21&isSub=0 so that I can edit the meta?

Thanks in advance.

#1 newbie0416, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If I was to guess, I'd say you're editing in the wrong way here. It appears by that URL that you're running some sort of cart? You might look at the cart's admin area to figure out how they're creating the paths, and view the pages it creates for options to configure the META tags and other items. Editing the files themselves it probably not how what you want to do, is done.

If you can give the name of the script, that might help someone to post more assistance for you. Or, check the community forums for the script itself where ever they are.

3. newbie0416

newbie0416 Registered

Plus NOW there is a Fatal Error...

You were absolutely correct! Client forgot to give me the Store Admin URL and Log In info...got in, went to File Manager ONLY to get the following FATAL ERROR: Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/mauisurf/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 179.

I went back to cpanel to the above referenced to "view" line 179, but there are no line numbers, so I have no idea what is causing this error. I am assuming that once this problem is alleviated, I should have no trouble making the meta updates via this Store Admin File Manager, correct?

Continued thanks in advance for the assistance with this!

4. newbie0416

newbie0416 Registered

FATAL ERROR Please advise

Assisting Client with Site meta updates for Product ~ Categories. Site is CPanel, utilizes a Store Admin for Category ~ Product administration. Logged in to Store Admin account, went to Tools / File Manager ONLY to get the following FATAL ERROR: Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/mauisurf/public_html/admin/file_manager.php on line 179.

I went back to cpanel to the above referenced (/home/mauisurf/public_html/admin/file_manager.php) to "view" line 179, but there are no line numbers, so I have no idea what is causing this error.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

5. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds about right to me. :)

You'll do better on the support forums for the script though, this isn't cPanel related.

GL!

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Merged these two threads as they are the same topic about the same problem, that is not cPanel related. As mentioned above, you'll need to ask your question on the support forum for the script you're using. Or read their documentation on how to operate the software.

7. newbie0416

newbie0416 Registered

Thank you.

Thank you, sorry for the trouble. Will attempt the script forum route, once determined.