The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With PerlMagick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by southern, May 18, 2006.

1. southern

southern Registered

I am a user of a hosting company that uses cPanel on their servers. I am trying to use PERLMagick and it seems that they are having a problem installing it (or they say)

The version of cPanel is 10.8.2-RELEASE 83

When I SSH into my account and run convert -version I get back the following:

"ImageMagick 5.5.6 04/01/03 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
    Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 ImageMagick Studio LLC"

When I search the PERLs page from cpanel the only imagemagick listed is " GD::SecurityImage::Magick"

I asked them to install imagemagick or perlmagick, which ever is needed so I can run a script that creates thumbnails. I asked them if we could upgrade imagemagick and they told me that they could not until cPanel released a stable version of the newest one. Is there a version that is stable and new that would have all of this or what. I really need the help.

Or is there a way I can install them in my local directory to use for just my site.

Here is the server information provided by the cPanel main page.

Operating system Linux
    Service Status Click to View
    Kernel version 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp
    Machine Type i686
    Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
    PERL version 5.8.6
    Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
    Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
    Installed Perl Modules Click to View
    PHP version 4.3.11
    MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
    cPanel Build 10.8.2-RELEASE 83
    Theme cPanel X v2.5.0
    Documentation Click to View

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I suggst you find a different hosting company. We installed ImageMagick on many servers and do not have any problems. The latest version we installed on our servers is: ImageMagick-6.2.7-5.

3. southern

southern Registered

I would like to but they have been good to our non-profit, in fact they donated the server and domain for the first two years we had it and I can't really beat a price of $100 per year for 800 megs of space and 35 gigs of transfer per month.

But you are saying that 6.2.7-5 would be considered a stable version for the current cPanel?