The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with PHP, PERL, APACHE will not work I'm lost!

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by openhouse, Aug 9, 2004.

1. openhouse

openhouse Registered

Hi all,
    I have been trying in vain all day to get our webserver to run a few perl scripts but it won´t work.
    I recently did the upgrade for the cpanel like they suggested and before I was not loading PHP as a module because I sometimes like to re-install it with different features. :eek:

Now PHP is compiled into Apache so I don't know if I can rebuild it sperately or do I have to rebuild the apache too??

Also I can't get any perl scripts to run. I have tested them with perl myScript.pl and they work fine. but when I try to run them from any folder includeing the cgi-bin I get 500 internal server errors? :confused:
    in the suexec log I don't get any errors just info messages that match the user and group to the target.

is there any way to run perl and php scripts on the same server?

Thanks for any help. :)

2. openhouse

openhouse Registered

Update to above posting

When I run the perl script via http/www.domain.com/folder/teset.pl it executes just fine as it creates a zip file but no output is displayed just the 500 error.