The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with problems in different releases - Account transfers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arwebsa, Aug 28, 2006.

1. arwebsa

arwebsa Member

Hi, I have the following problem, I updated my server to:
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-C3

But now I have 2 issues:
    1) When I create new accounts, WHM freezes in copy skeleton-dir
    2) Account transfers do not work. I used to transfer accounts from Ensim without problems, but now, it gives an error saying: cannot find cp-move file. It packages the account, it appears as it copying it to the server's Home dir, however it does not copy it. I entered at /home/ and the file was not there. However, the file existed in the Ensim server were it was packaged, it just didn't copy it to the Cpanel server:

Tarball copy ok!
    cpmove- prefix is missing, but non prefixed directory exists.. cpmove- prefix discarded Extracting Domain....Done
    Sorry, the copy failed. Unable to find the cpanel user file. Is the archive missing

Because of this, I downgraded to:
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R119

But now, when I try to start the transfer, I get a screen saying:
    Page not found. Same problem happens if I go to the Tweak Settings screen and try to save it, it displays Page not found. Also, Webmail does not work.
    However, if I try to do this entering Cpanel in port 2086, it does work. But not in 2087.

Tried with Stable version, and same thing happened.

Any ideas?

I don't mind which version to keep, as long as it works !! Right now, none works.

THANKS.

#1 arwebsa, Aug 28, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. arwebsa

arwebsa Member

Any help with this?

I want to keep the Release version, since it works ok and I was able to do the transfers in port 2086, however, this version does not work ok in port 2087, some parts in Cpanel appear broken. Some work and some don't work, I get Page not found errors in port 2087, and Webmail does not work either, since it is redirected to https://

Any idea on how to stabilize the Release version? I have the same problem in 3 different servers. Right now all are Current, and when I downgrade them to Release, none of them work ok.

Thanks.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIAA, you cannot go up to CURRENT/EDGE and then back down to STABLE/RELEASE without breaking some of the SSL functionality of cPanel due to the fundamentals of the change from stunnel to the native SSL routines in cPanel. YMMV, but you could try logging a ticket with cPanel through your license provider to see if they can help with a downgraded version.

4. jondolar

jondolar Well-Known Member

Ensim to cPanel

Is this resolved for you? I want to transfer 4 Ensim servers to 2 cPanel servers and when I did a test transfer there was a problem.

MySQL Database did not copy over

Well, so far that was the only problem. The transfer page (doing a multi-account transfer) shows
    enXim Grabbing mysql dbs...Done

I'm running Ensim Pro 4.1.0-8.rhel.4ES
    and WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-S120
    CentOS 4.4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0