The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with re-enabling spamassassin

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by xxkinetikxx, Nov 3, 2010.

1. xxkinetikxx

xxkinetikxx Registered

Hello,

I had mail watch installed on my VPS but it started to cause issues with mail delivery. I'd like to re-enable spam-assassin however after following all the information to re-enable it's not tagging any email.

When I reset the exim config to default I saw this:

Detected spam handling in acls, disabling spamassassin in routers & transports!.

How do I resolve this?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That error is associated with MailScanner still running in some fashion. Did you follow this guide on removing MailScanner?

ConfigServer.Com Technical FAQ

If not, could you please try that guide and then re-attempt setting up SpamAssassin? Additionally, if you did follow that guide and are still having the issue, please try moving all of the existing exim files and rebuilding exim, then re-installing SpamAssassin:

Code:
    mkdir /root/cpacct
    mv /etc/exim* /root/cpacct
    /scripts/eximup --force
    Of note, if you did have any other customizations, this will reset those, but you could do a diff on any files moved to /root/cpacct with the newly created ones in /etc/ for exim, so for example:

Code:
    diff /etc/exim.conf /root/cpacct/exim.conf

3. xxkinetikxx

xxkinetikxx Registered

Thanks for the reply.

I had followed the removal instructions you posted so I'll be following your advice to rebuild exim. Will post my results back.

Again thank you for your assistance!

4. xxkinetikxx

xxkinetikxx Registered

No luck,

Here's the output from Exim.

Code:
    Enabled system filter options: attachments|fail_spam_score_over_200|spam_rewrite
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_POST_SPAM_SCAN_CHECK_BLOCK: mailproviders
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_RBL_BLOCK: 
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_MAILAUTH_BLOCK: 
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_PRE_RECP_VERIFY_BLOCK: dictionary_attack
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_RCPT_SOFT_LIMIT_BLOCK: 
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_TRUSTEDLIST_BLOCK: 
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_MAIL_BLOCK: requirehelo|requirehelonoforge|requirehelosyntax
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_RATELIMIT_SPAM_BLOCK: ratelimit_spam_score_over_200
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_RATELIMIT_BLOCK: 0tracksenders
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_NOTQUIT_BLOCK: ratelimit
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_CONNECT_BLOCK: ratelimit|spammerlist
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_RCPT_HARD_LIMIT_BLOCK: 
    Enabled ACL options in block ACL_SPAM_BLOCK: deny_spam_score_over_200
    Detected spam handling in acls, disabling spamassassin in routers & transports!.
    SpamAssassin method remains unchanged
    Configured options list is: 
    Provided options list is: hostlist senderverifybypass_hosts|hostlist skipsmtpcheck_hosts|hostlist spammeripblocks|hostlist backupmx_hosts|hostlist trustedmailhosts|domainlist user_domains|smtp_receive_timeout|ignore_bounce_errors_after|timeout_frozen_after|auto_thaw|callout_domain_negative_expire|callout_negative_expire|daemon_smtp_ports|tls_on_connect_ports|tls_require_ciphers|acl_smtp_connect|acl_smtp_mail|acl_smtp_notquit|spamd_address
    Exim Insert Regex is: virtual_userdelivery|virtual_aliases|lookuphost|virtual_user|address_pipe|virtual_sa_user|localuser
    Exim Replace Regex is: virtual_sa_user|sa_localuser|virtual_sa_userdelivery|local_sa_delivery|central_filter|central_user_filter|democheck|fail_remote_domains|fixed_login|fixed_plain|has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop|literal|local_delivery|local_delivery_spam|localuser|localuser_spam|lookuphost|remote_smtp|secure_login|secure_plain|userforward|virtual_aliases|virtual_aliases_nostar|virtual_user|virtual_user_spam|virtual_userdelivery|virtual_userdelivery_spam
    Exim Match Insert Regex is: quota_directory|maildir_format
    Skipping lookuphost insert as it requires boxtrapper and it is disabled or unavailable.
    Skipping virtual_user insert as it requires boxtrapper and it is disabled or unavailable.
    Skipping localuser insert as it requires boxtrapper and it is disabled or unavailable.
    Skipping virtual_userdelivery insert as it requires boxtrapper and it is disabled or unavailable.
    Exim version 4.69 #1 built 16-Mar-2009 15:18:11
    Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
    Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (January  7, 2007)
    Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl OpenSSL Content_Scanning Old_Demime Experimental_SPF Experimental_SRS Experimental_DomainKeys Experimental_DKIM
    Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch dbm dbmnz passwd
    Authenticators: cram_md5 dovecot plaintext spa
    Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
    Transports: appendfile/maildir autoreply pipe smtp
    Size of off_t: 8

Exim Perl Load List is: spam_acl_support|checkuserquota|boxtrapper|safefile|fast_checkvalias|checkspam|checkspam2|fast_isdemo|fast_accountfunc|checkpass_cphulkd
    /etc/exim.pl.local installed!
    razor2 is installed, enabled in SpamAssassin!
    pyzor is not installed, disabling it in SpamAssassin to save memory
    SPF is disabled in exim or unavailable, enabling SPF for SpamAssassin
    Exim MTA...
    Waiting for exim to restart..............finished.

exim (/usr/sbin/exim -bd -q60m) running as mailnull with PID 15727
    exim (/usr/sbin/exim -q) running as mailnull with PID 15734

exim started ok
    ...Done