The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with remote backups & local storage

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by TWD, May 20, 2015.

1. TWD

TWD Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

I'm running WHM 11.48.4 on a VPS

I have the new backup system setup and configured to package up accounts and send them via FTP to my office.
    The FTP works great except for one problem - WHM is backing up accounts faster than the server can send them to the remote FTP server so they are collecting in the /backup folder ready to send, they are eventually sending and being removed but is there any way of slowing down the backup process or telling WHM to only package the next account when the previous account has finished FTPing to the remote server? During the backup process diskspace is getting very tight (95%)

Thanks

Tony

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can change the I/O priority level at which nightly backups are run under the "System" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings", but this isn't likely to make that big of a difference. You can vote and add your feedback to the existing feature request for this at:

https://features.cpanel.net/topic/r...tem-should-pack-and-upload-one-file-at-a-time

In the meantime, you may want to see if it's possible to improve the network transfer speed or add more space for backup storage.

Thank you.

3. TWD

TWD Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Michael,

The feature request is about the new backup system (which I am curently using) - so does this mean the old / legacy backup system works differently?

Thanks

Tony

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you can use legacy backups, which should allow for the transfer of one archive at a time. However, note that you lose out on many of the benefits and configuration options of the new backup system if you choose to use legacy backups.

Thank you.